Thursday, July 22, 2010

Knee Surgery

I tore my ACL about eight years ago and since getting it fixed it has not given me a lick of trouble....until a couple of months ago. I was playing soccer and was about to shoot the most amazing shot, world cup worthy!!! Then my knee popped out and made some wonderful crackling sounds. I instantly fell to the ground and began to crawl of the field. I was so scared that I had torn my ACL again, it was almost exactly what happened when I had torn it, so I thought for sure I was a goner. But after a few minutes I was walking around and feeling a bit better. Slowly my knee would bug me less and less but then I would do something and it would not feel right or start to hurt again so I decided to go get it checked. I ended up getting an MRI and my doctor told me I had tore my meniscus (which I also tore when I did my ACL). He told me that I really didn't need surgery if it didn't bother me that bad, but I felt like I am still active enough that I didn't want it to be a constant problem. So I was scheduled for surgery Monday the 19th and I am so so glad I did because we found out that it was worse than what the MRI showed. My meniscus not only tore but it was folded all up. But surgery went well and I should be back to my rotten old self in a couple weeks.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Kendra! I've missed so much since your first entry in March... so glad I could catch up this week. Consider me a fan of your blog now b/c it helps us fell a bit closer to family. I hope all continues to go well with your knee recovery & all those fun trips continue for years to come.