Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Madness!!!



After signing up for the Freedom Run 10k and trying to convince everyone I knew to run it with me, stupid me goes and tears my meniscus in my same stupid knee that I had my previous surgery on. But I was bound and determined to still run the damn race. And run I did, and hobble and maybe even swear a little under my breath...but I did it! And it was funny because they had these big markers counting how far we had gone and we all thought they were counting in kilometers. Well they were actually counting in miles so needless to say we got to the finish a lot sooner than we were expecting. Cute Paige crossed the finish line and when the girl asked if she could cut her timing chip off her shoe Paige responded by looking confused and said, "I am not sure I am suppose to be done..." It kind of snuck up on us. But we had a blast!! Then Mark surprised me by showing up at the finish line AND coming to the parade (he must really love me because he HATES parades). Then we had lunch at Grandma Mooney's and fireworks that night. I love the 4th of July!!!

No comments: