Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Visiting our Colorado family

We had the chance last week to go to Colorado to visit Mark's brother Dan, his wife Sarah and their cute kids Kaelah, Danny and Michelle. It was a quick trip but we did so many fun things. The first day we went to the zoo. Can you tell how excited I was to see the polar bear?































































We spent some time at the park and went to Dan's softball game. Mark even got to play with their team.
















We even went to the pumpkin patch! The kids got to paint pumpkins and Sloan was literally scooping the paint onto the pumpkin. It took all day to dry. They LOVED the little bounce house too.



Dan, king of the pumpkin patch
and his little princess Michelle.
















































I was really glad we got to sneak away one night and go on a double date! A big THANK YOU to Sarah's parents for watching the kids while we were gone! Especially because Sloan cried at least half the time...We got to go to the Real vs. Rapids soccer game and it was a blast!! Dan got us front row tickets and it was so much fun! At half time Mark and I decided to go grab some hot chocolate. We ordered and paid and then Mark disappeared... So I grabbed all four hot chocolates and went to stand by the bathrooms assuming that is where he had gone. As I waited some guy came up to me and while laughing said,"Hey, can I buy some coffee from you?" I just smiled and laughed. Then he said, "No seriously, I will give you eighty bucks!" I just laughed and smiled hoping Mark would hurry out of the bathroom, because really what idiot would spend $80 on a coffee when he could go buy one for $3.00 twenty steps from where I was standing. After Mark finally came out of a family bathroom in a totally different spot :) I told him about the guy offering me $80 for a coffee. Mark said I should have given it to him and seen his face when he got hot chocolate instead. That is my only regret of the trip. I could have $80 more dollars in my pocket, and some guy mad at me for selling him hot chocolate instead of coffee.








It was such a good visit and we hope it won't be too long before we can go out and see them again!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We're so happy you could come out! Do I have your permission to steal this post for when I catch up on my blog... someday? Thanks so much for coming!

Mark and Kendra said...

Steal away! Thank you!! We had the best time :)